CITY of Broomfield
- Square miles: 33.6
- Population: 55,889
- Households: 21,414
- Median household income: $75,590
- Median home sales price: $276,750
- Median age: 37
- School district: Adams 12, Boulder Valley, Brighton, Jefferson County and Weld County School Districts
- City, county, state sales tax: 8.25 - 8.45 percent
- Top private employer: Oracle Corp. (2,068)
- Top public employer: City and County of Broomfield (581)
- Electricity: Excel Energy and United Power
Broomfield is the third-largest city in the area and has the distinction of being its own county. It houses some of the area’s largest private-sector companies and the majority of the region’s class A office space. The Interlocken Advanced Technology Environment is the area’s premier office park with a variety of real estate on 900 acres. Broomfield’s western side and along U.S. 36 has been developed into a mix of first-class office parks, hotels, apartments, shopping and entertainment.
It has its own small arena, 1st Bank Center and Broomfield continues to grow with a mix of high-end and affordable living options. The largest shopping center in the Boulder County area is in Broomfield, FlatIron Crossing, FlatIron Marketplace and Main Street at FlatIron provide more than 2 million square feet of big box stores (including Nordstrom, Dillard’s, Best Buy and more), and numerous retail and dining options. Nearby is the modern 150,000 square foot Lakeshort Flatiron Athletic Club.
Broomfield has direct access to Rocky Mountain Metropolitan Airport in Jefferson County, with corporate jet services. The city is also served by RTD bus routes and is slated to have a FasTracks commuter-rail station in the future.